By Johathan Pope
The media has made such a big deal over certain diets, claiming that they will work and that you need to try their products in order to lose weight. Do not go out spending money on things that will leave you nutritionally depleted and more overweight in the end than you were to begin with. Hope is not far from reach, it is actually already right here in front of you. Here are some tips that can help you start losing weight as soon as today.
1. Remember to eat at least 5 to 6 times a day. Space your meals out 2 to 3 hours apart. Make sure that you eat smaller portions. Be reasonable and do not make them too small or too large. Be sure to include all of your food groups on a daily basis as well. Do not skip any meals, this can lead to overeating when you do get hungry, which leads to leftover calories that turn into fat.
2. Make sure to drink plenty of water. It is a diet fact that is as old as time, but it is true and here is why: When you drink water, your body is better able to get rid of unnecessary fats inside of your body by cleaning up what would otherwise be leftover fat. When someone does not get an adequate amount of water, their bodies burn up to 430 calories less per week. Over time, this equals up to pounds of fat within a year.
3. Don't skip your breakfast. This is the most important meal of the day because once you wake up, chances are you have been sleeping anywhere from 5 to 10 hours. That is 5 to 10 hours without eating. Even if you do not feel hunger when you wake up in the morning, try to eat something, and make sure that it is high in fiber and proteins, which will keep you full until you reach your next healthy mid-morning snack.
4. Be sure to add protein and fiber to every meal. By doing this, you slow the digestion process and your body is better able to pull nutrients out of the food. Fiber and protein are the hardest substances for the human body to digest, so the digestive system really has worked hard in order to break it down. This takes a little longer, therefore meaning that you will stay fuller, longer. This is also great if you are a diabetic as well.
5. Remember that there is no "quick fix" for losing weight. If you lose too much weight too fast, chances are when you go back to being "you" again; you will pack on all of the pounds lost and then some. Just take special caution and beware of those fad diets that are so overly advertised. The only thing that is going to get you to your fitness goal is to eat right and exercise. You must take care of yourself if you expect to become healthier. Isn't that what it is all about?
6. Exercise. It may sound terrible for a lot of people who hate it, but it is a cold hard truth. You must exercise on a regular basis if you expect to obtain a better looking body. Make sure that you pick out things that interest you. For example, if you enjoy dancing, take a dance class a few times a week. Be sure to add resistance training to your workout regimen, as this helps to burn up to 3 times more calories. Sign up for a gym membership or take up starting an aerobics class. No matter what, weight loss needs exercise to succeed.
7. Eat things that are high in omega 3 fatty acids such as fish and shrimp. Try to aim for at least one serving a day. This is not only healthy for your heart, but the types of fats in these foods help aid in weight loss and they make you feel fuller and less weighed down than other meats like beef or steak. Try to avoid red meat as much as possible, it heightens cholesterol levels and can be much more fattening than a few pieces of heart-healthy fish alone.
Losing weight does not have to be an up hill battle. As long as you have a plan and know where you want to be, you can get there as fast as you need to be. All it takes is a little self discipline and motivation combined with a bit of "know how" to get there. So, give yourself a chance to be healthy and do not get discouraged. A few small changes are usually all that it takes and you will be on your way to a happier, healthier you.
source : http://ezinearticles.com/?Weight-Loss-Tips---For-Quick-Weight-Loss&id=2101968