Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Fast Weight Loss Tips
Unfortunately for most of us, losing weight is a lot harder than it looks on an infomercial or website; it actually takes many changes in thinking and lifestyle to accomplish.
You need commitment and good information to follow.
Learn what changes need to be made in your life, and finally shed those unwanted pounds by reading the following article.
1. Get yourself motivated. You cannot simply list "lose weight" on your list of things to do today and half-heartedly expect it to happen. Nor can you skip a few rounds of dessert and magically shrink down to size; you must recognize all of the reasons you need to lose weight, such as being heart-healthy, more attractive and physically capable in life, and let all of those things light a serious fire under you. You've got to really want this!
2. Find a good plan. Most people who successfully lose weight have adopted some plan to follow, be it eating or exercise or both. Scour the internet, talk to your physician or pick brains at the gym to find what plan will work best for your needs and lifestyle. You need to immerse yourself completely in this new plan for it to work, so make sure it's quite doable for you.
3. Set realistic goals. The last thing you need to do while taking on such an important task as getting to a healthy weight is discourage yourself; many people find themselves ready to give up because they did not reach lofty goals. Aim for modest goals, especially in the beginning, and keep your target weight loss per week very healthy and attainable.
4. Don't deprive yourself completely, just be more moderate. Within reason, it's okay to still enjoy the foods you love and the television shows you can't live without. However, overindulging on either will be too counterproductive to your weight loss initiative, so be reasonable! Serve yourself moderate portions of good food, allow yourself small indulgences occasionally and, although it's okay to enjoy relaxing with the TV, don't make a prolonged habit out of it.
5. Reward yourself, just not with food. People tend to eat emotionally, and since that may be one of the reasons you are overweight to begin with, try not to resume that habit. Instead, pat yourself on the back with a new outfit or home entertainment equipment or maybe a weekend getaway. Relish in your accomplishment, and let it push you forward to the next goal!
6. Make it a lifestyle, not just a temporary program. If you gradually return to your old ways, there is no doubt that you will gradually return to your old weight! Learn to avoid this very common mistake by incorporating the healthy and wise elements of your weight loss program into everyday life. Keep portions moderate, count calories and stay physically active. Doing this should keep you at your goal weight, smiling and full of energy!
Anyone who loses weight successfully and tells you it was easy is just plain fibbing! As you can see by the advice above, it takes a lot of effort and persistence to shed unwanted weight, and serious dedication to keep it off. But hopefully, that is exactly what you will now be able to do!
Want to know more about diet and nutrition just visit www.my-lossweight.com there you might find what you are looking for.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Husin_Abdullah_Thalib
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7311215
- ▼ 2012 (6)
- ► 2010 (5)