Tuesday, July 13, 2010
8 Fast Weight Loss Tips For Busy People
When the term fast weight loss tips, enters your mind, one of the first things you may think about is a strict diet. Keep these healthier-meal-making tips in mind. You'll find your weight loss efforts don't have to fall by the wayside when you pull up a chair to the dinner table.
1. EAT! Some people incorrectly and unhealthily starve themselves in an attempt to lose weight. Not only is this just plain bad, but in some cases it will have the opposite effect. Not giving your body enough food will put it into a protective state where it actually begins to STORE fat.
2. Whenever you have the chance, choose whole grains as your bread choice. For example, you could choose whole grain breading for stuffing preparation; whole grain dinner rolls; whole wheat bread for sandwiches; and wild rice instead of white.
3. Eat slowly: You eat more if you eat fast, as it takes about 15 minutes for our brain to get the message from our stomach that we have eaten enough. If we eat too fast, we will eat too much before we even realize we're full!
4. You need correct resistance exercise (weight training) to at the very least maintain, but preferably increase, your lean muscle mass. When you increase your lean muscle you will increase your metabolism, meaning you will burn more fat calories.
5. Replace bad carbs with good carbs when you can. By that I mean replace high glycemic foods (bad carbs) with their lower glycemic (good carbs) versions.
6. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Water is without any calorie, fat and cholesterol. This is one of the best natural weight loss.
7. Make a commitment to avoid butter on things, deep fried foods, junk food, or potato chips. Because fats are so concentrated with calories you have to eat much more to feel full. You could easily eat three to four times more calories because it tastes better than normal food and it takes the same amount of mass to fill you up.
8. Avoid 'drinking' calories -- that means drinking only calorie-free beverages (except for milk). Soda pop, juices, and alcohol have a lot of hidden calories. Eliminating calories that you drink will have a major impact on your weight.
By: Charles Zoe
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
- ► 2012 (6)
- ▼ 2010 (5)